Rock Hall, Maryland is a charming little historic town on the Chesapeake Bay. Its quaint charm plays host to Inns, restaurants, marinas and friendly residents.
If you’re a native-born Marylander who wants to have their wedding on Maryland’s own famous Chesapeake Shores, Rock Hall, Maryland is the place to have it. Here are 5 reasons why:
1. Rock Hall has beautiful, classic Maryland scenery.
Rock Hall is known for its beautiful scenery on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Maryland’s Eastern Shore is an exclusive area on the peninsula of Delaware, giving it unique views of the Chesapeake which draws in thousands of boaters to enjoy the surrounding waters. It’s not uncommon that in prime wedding season, you’ll see beautiful boasts anchoring in Rock Hall, Maryland to enjoy the gorgeous golden summer sunsets, which provide the perfect backdrop for exchanging vows of love and celebrating with friends and family.
2. There are beautiful inns and bed & breakfasts.
If you’re looking for a rustic charm wedding on the Chesapeake Bay, then Rock Hall is your destination. Accommodate your overnight guests in gorgeous rooms with the stunning waterfront scenery at:
Bed and breakfasts in Rock Hall are elegant, stylish, and will provide your wedding guests with the historic Chesapeake Bay feel you’re going for.
3. The food.
Rock Hall, Maryland is home to the absolute jewel called The Wheelhouse Restaraunt (ever heard of it?). Wheelhouse has an entire menu of delicious and unique foods that are sure to tickle the palate. The food menu boasts a selection of delectable choices, including the ever-popular Maryland classic crab cake.
Other delightful goodies include Shrimp N’ Grits, Chicken and Dumplings, Smoked Turkey Pot Pie, Bone-In Pork Chops, and more! View the entire selection of entrees on our mainstays page.
The Wheelhouse is now hosting events in their trendy, bright dining room, which is the perfect place for wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, bridal showers, and more. The delicious food, select craft liquors, beer drafts, and games are the perfect recipe for a great time and event your guests will remember. Contact us today for pricing to host your next event at the Wheelhouse!
4. The things you can do there for cheap!
The Rock Hall, Maryland town website lists a bunch of free and fun things you and your guests can do in Rock Hall while you get married! Free things you can do there from the website include:
- Watch and observe the waterfowl on the Harbor
- Check out the many different boats on our harbor
- Watch the waterman as they bring in their catch
- Walk the Rock Hall Loop
- Explore our unique shops
- Spend the day at the beach…bring your own chair
- Picnic at our beach
- Swim in our quiet water at the beach
- Build a sandcastle at the beach
- Bring a float and chill at the beach
- Teach your kid to swim at our very calm beach
- Grill your burgers and dogs at the beach – use our grills located on the beach
- Play a game of chess, checkers or backgammon at the beach (bring your own game)
- Bike around our town
- Bike to Eastern Neck Island
- Walk the trails at Eastern Neck Island looking for waterfowl and other birds including the many bald eagles
- Geocaching fans can hunt here
- Bring your racquets and enjoy our new (2014) tennis courts at our civic center
- Bring your basketball and shoot a few hoops at our new (2014) basketball court
- Watch our spectacular fireworks – generally held on the 3rd of July – after nightfall, of course.
- Check out the Farmers and Artisans Market on Saturdays 2-6pm (seasonal) at Oyster Court in the center of town
- Park for free – we have no meters
- Every day you can check out our sunset view – best observed from our beach
- Bring your young family
- Bring your seniors to enjoy sitting on our Boardwalk Beach Benches to observe the Beach & the Chesapeake Bay
- Come to join the town-wide Pirates and Wenches Festival activities and music for a raucous good time
- Bring your Kayak, Canoe or Stand Up Paddleboard and launch from our beach
- Paddle and explore Rock Hall Harbor
- Paddle Swan Creek and explore the Haven Area
- Stroll around our many marinas to check out all the boats
- Meander throughout our different shops
- Go to the self-guided Waterman’s Museum on Rt 20 and learn about our history
- Check out the Rock Hall Museum located in the town hall on Main St
- Take a good look into the restored Ark Boat on Route 20 at the blinking light
- Boaters can tie up for free at the town bulkhead
- Breath our fresh air and enjoy our incredible sky
- Bring your pooch along – he/she will love Eastern Neck Preserve
- Come to our old fashion July Fourth Parade on Main Street
- After the parade follow the crowd to our civic center and enjoy the festivities…or just people watch
- Come enjoy our Fall Fest and enjoy the live music provided by the Mainstay
- See Santa come to town by boat
- No cover charge to enjoy our nightly weekend music at Harbor Shack and Waterman’s Crab House
- Bring your dancing flip flops
- Check out our Free Full Moon – generally once a month.
- Come to watch the Waterman’s Docking Contest on Waterman’s Day – near July 4th every yearShare a kiss at the end of a dock
- Or Get Engaged
5. The people.
Rock Hall is called home by just over 1,200 Marylanders. The way the residents talk about their town is inspiring and they have a very warm community feel. If you’ve always dreamt of having a charming, classic-Maryland rustic hometown wedding, Rock Hall is the place for you.
Start planning your wedding in Rock Hall, Maryland today!